Saturday, August 13, 2005

Scary, Violent, or Confusing

Last night I went bowling with some friends, and after that we went back to someone's house to watch a movie. I have something against any movie that is scary, violent, and/or confusing. To my great dismay, my dear friends chose to watch Black Hawk Down, a movie that is VERY violent and even MORE confusing, although not that scary. I can't understand what it is that attracts guys to war movies!! All they are is people going around with guns and bombs, shooting the bad guys!! If you're really lucky you'll get to see someone's arm get shot off or the insides of some poor guy. Due to its graphic nature, and the fact that I was VERY confused and frustrated since I had not a CLUE what was going on, I spent most of the movie with a couch cushion in front of my eyes, talking to one of the other girls. Another phenomenon of guys is that they REALLY hate it when you talk through a movie. This annoyance is multiplied if the talker happens to be making periodic comments about how stupid the movie is. The moral of the story is I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND GUYS!!

13 Comments:

Blogger Charles Jurries said...

Erika,
You just don't know how to watch a movie. Are you the type one has to yell at during a movie to shaddup? I paid to see the movie, and if I so choose to hear commentary, I'll select that feature on the DVD!

It's not a "don't understand guys" thing, it's a common courtesy to those watching movies.

(can you tell you kinda hit on a bit of a pet peeve?)

4:16 PM, August 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

erika i'm with you on that one. it was sooo a waste of my precious lifetime. i was hanging on to steve for dear life. suprisingly, he didn't turn blue!!

6:23 PM, August 13, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

Uh, yeah. You really don't want to be talking during a movie like "Black Hawk Down". It's a good movie, but it's not for the faint of heart.

7:32 PM, August 13, 2005  
Blogger Erika said...

MOGADISHU!! THATS what its about!! I could NOT remember and it was driving me INSANE!! none of the other kids had a CLUE what I was talking about!! Whew, now I know. Petunia, I think if i'd watched it in a theater...hmm, yah, I woulda been just like you!! See, thats at least ONE thing you and Bobo agree on:-)

Chuck...you'd prolly kill me if you ever watched a movie with me!! Even if I LIKE the movie I usually talk!! If i DON'T like the movie...yah, like i said, you'd kill me, lol.

Glam, blue isn't an appealing color for a person's skin. Good thing you let him live!!

Mark, YOU COMMENTED ON MY BLOG!! *gasp of shock and astonishment* Black Hawk Down is just one of those movies that...yah, isn't for the faint of heart is a good phrase for it!!

7:42 AM, August 15, 2005  
Blogger scarlatti said...

sooo, i am really missing out on stuff...i have no clue about this post or who mark is... who are you?
*welcome me back*
jk

2:13 PM, August 15, 2005  
Blogger John W. Sikma said...

i illegally downloaded that. Good movie

9:48 AM, August 16, 2005  
Blogger Eva Lemmon..? said...

Ha ha ha! Thats hillarious! I think you will find that the care bears are more to your liking. But really BHD has an easy plot. A dude gets stuck behind enemy lines and every one is after him.

7:33 PM, August 16, 2005  
Blogger John W. Sikma said...

no Evie, i used "Bear Share" to download the movie...

10:22 PM, August 16, 2005  
Blogger Loretta said...

Erica, don't even try to understand guys; just pretend to agree with everything they say, and then do what you want to do anyways. That's the only way to handle them.

10:09 AM, August 17, 2005  
Blogger scarlatti said...

i like your logic loretta... i like it alot!

11:56 AM, August 17, 2005  
Blogger Charles Jurries said...

"Handle them?"
My, my. Such mindsets! We're people too!

11:27 PM, August 17, 2005  
Blogger scarlatti said...

i beg to differ...just kidding.

10:26 AM, August 18, 2005  
Blogger Erika said...

Scarlett, mark is mark jurries of course!! There IS no other mark!!

John, u shouldn't do such things. Honestly!! I expected better from you!!

Evie, at least carebears i GET, lol. But when u put it THAT way MAYBE i would have understood it. I'm totally a chickflick person tho, so that doesnt help.

LORETTA, YOU commented TOO!! Sweet!! I love ur idea. It works pretty well, now that you mention it!!

Chuck, we KNOW ur ppl...just different ppl is all!!

3:22 PM, August 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home