Monday, January 02, 2006

2005 Survey

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before? Lets see, I got my ears peirced, I got a real job, I started volunteering at the children's hospital, and I'm sure other stuff, too. The hardest part of this thing is going to be figuring out what happened when!!
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't think I really made any actually. Next year my resolultion is to keep better track of how I spend my money!!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? my cousin Kate had a little boy
4. Did anyone close to you die? not really. a little boy, Crew, from the hospital that I hung out with died though. He was only 2...adorable little guy. Pray for his family.
5. What countries did you visit? Sadly, I didn't really go anywhere out of the US.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? MONEY!! that and more time to just do what I want to, not homework or work!!
7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? all the saturday mornings for Mission Possible...Feb 4, the night we spent at Walkottons, the BEST sleepover of the year!!...March 19 and April 30, reigonals and State science olympiad competitions....March 30, the day we left for AZ for spring break....April 15 and May 27, got asked to and went to banquet...May 29, my bday!!...June 9, seniors graduated....July 11, 12, HOFFMASTER!!....August 16-18, cran hill...August 26, got my drivers liscense....SEptember 16, first time we hung out with the Sikmas...Sept 24, Race for the Cure....October 18, found out Doug relapsed....November 18, operation Christmas Child shopping, Footloose muscial....December 17, Gordon's going away party
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? all my stuff I've organized, esp. Race for the Cure and OCC
9. What was your biggest failure? still not getting help for someone who I KNOW needs it
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?nothing major....lots of colds
11. What was the best thing you bought? all those bags of gummi bears!!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?everyone who is still out there doing their best!! Also the Timmer family, who are still hanging in there, esp. Doug!!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? the crazy people running around killing and raping and abusing others
14. Where did most of your money go? graduation, birthday, and christmas presents
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? junior high MP getting a perfect minute!! and senior high MP medaling at regionals!! and going to banquet!! and raising $1100 and filling 128 shoeboxes!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2005? She Will be Loved
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? right at this minute prolly about the same b) thinner or fatter? prolly the same .c) richer or poorer? the only good one...a little bit richer I'd say
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? hanging out with the miskins
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? spazzing out
20. How will you be spending New Year's? I spent it working and then watching a movie...quite boring
22. Did you fall in love in 2005? kinna sorta i guess...but can you really be in love at my age?
24. What was your favorite TV program? Friends!!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? nope, it takes too much energy to really hate people!!
26. What was the best book you read? The Truth about Forever, by Sarah Dessen
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? the stuff on 104.5
28. What did you want and get? to go to banquet...to sucessfully organize OCC
29. What did you want and not get? a certain guy...to have a car
30. What was your favorite film of this year? A Cinderella Story
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I went to church...it was on a sunday. Thankfully the days before I hung out with a bunch of fun people (Joe, Bri, Jen, Jon, and all the other people at banquet, and Jen, Jon, Paula, Christy, and Lanae at mini golfing) I turned 16
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? getting asked out...not that I NEED a guy btw....earning enuff $$ for a car and a plane ticket
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? same as its always been!! lots of skirts cuz of school, plus jeans and sweatshirts for saturdays. Ooh, and I LOVE those gauzy filmy lacy shirts, too.
34. What kept you sane? Paula Lou and the Harem, my Better 1/4's, and Maggie, who loves to hear all about the Plymouth drama, but can be totally seperate from it
36. What political issue stirred you the most? umm...i can't really think of one right now...omg, that sounds so ignorant!! Ok, thought of one on inspiration from Abbs. The war seems so removed and far away, but before June a couple of my good friends are leaving for it, and that scares the crap out of me!!
37. Who did you miss? the seniors!!
38. Who was the best new person you met? the Sikmas prolly...i didn't meet a whole lot of new people
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005: that change is something that happens, and it def. sux sometimes, but life DOES go on somehow!!
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: Every little thing that you say or do, I'm hung up, I'm hung up on you, Waiting for your callBaby night and day, I'm fed up, I'm tired of waiting on you-and just for the record thats not JUST about a guy!!

5 Comments:

Blogger scarlatti said...

thats cool.. we hung out a lot tho... if i could have, i would have hung out with you and the sikmas alot more. but hey! i cant change the past. so i wont dwell on it. im glad you did meet them tho, theyre very cool. i resolve not to smoke this yr.

8:48 PM, January 02, 2006  
Blogger Contrarian said...

Sounds like a great year.

And #40 is definitely about me.

1:28 PM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger Penumbra said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:34 PM, January 05, 2006  
Blogger scarlatti said...

good bye erika. thanks so much for the picture album you gave me... and for all the good memories i have made with you. check out my blog to see my "fare well adress" to you and everyone else. dont forget me, and i will remember you, always. well, ta till i see you again.

7:21 PM, January 09, 2006  
Blogger Erika said...

Oh Scarlett, now I'm crying AGAIN!!

Chaz, it was a good year indeed.

9:29 PM, January 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home