Tuesday, January 10, 2006

It's Official

The Miskins no longer reside in the house by the church. In fact, they don't even live here in GR anymore. This morning at 6 they boarded the flight and left us. A whole bunch of us went to the airport at 4, which has made for an extremely long day. We were all crying our eyes out by the time they hugged us good bye.

Scarlett is kind of like another little sister to me. I've just gotten to know her better in the last couple months, but I wish we'd begun talking long ago. We started the triple L club together, commiserating about guys. We made bets about bowling, and she won. We gave marks of coolness, too. We've laughed a lot together, and now we've def. cried together. I'll miss her a TON!!

Mrs. Miskin was great. She was always willing to let us come hang out at her house without any fuss. She's also one of the classiest ladies I know. She greatly encouraged me in my plans of going to SA this summer. She told me that if it's God's will and if I've been called to work with the kids as she belives I am, that a way will work out for me to come. I hope and pray so much that she's right.

Gordon, of course, is the one I'll miss the most. Our relationship is the hardest to explain. Although we weren't as close as we once had been, we had a really special friendship. He knew me all too well, and sometimes it seemed like he could read my mind. We had so many good times together. Bowling, our looooong phone convo's, his violent computer games, Mean Girls, his awesome accent, his soap operas with Con, hallmark cards, Austin Powers, and SO much more. He was always willing to listen to me, no matter how retarded I was being. It seems like when I need someone to understand me, he'd be the one I'd want to talk to. He made school so much fun. He picked up on the tiniest teacher quirks and mocked them like CRAZY. He could do the BEST imitations of anyone you could think of. He told the greatest stories and could BS with the best of 'em. No matter how bad of a day you were having, he could make you laugh. He was so much a part of all of us, and now he's gone. Our class isn't going to be the same without him. I miss him already.

In some ways, it doesn't seem real that they're gone. I think the next time I wanna talk to one of 'em and they aren't there is when it's really gonna sink in. I can't call Gordon up anymore just to talk. When it's 9 pm here, the time Scarlett usually gets on IM, it'll be 2 pm there, so I'm sure I won't talk to her as much. The whole idea makes me cry. Who knows when, if ever, we'll see the Miskins again. Lord willing I'll make it down there this summer, but who knows what'll happen in the months that follow. I think that they are in Africa now, I'm not quite sure. I hope that the looooong flight went well. Pray that the mission efforts they will work on will be successful. Pray that the family will be able to settle in and be ok. Pray for all of us who they left behind who are having a hard time without them

I miss you guys, and I'll never, EVER forget you.

10 Comments:

Blogger John W. Sikma said...

here here. all you said is right, and nothing is wrong.

9:33 PM, January 10, 2006  
Blogger Eva Lemmon..? said...

Hey, I just missed you guys. I got lost....uh..going to the airport....

11:48 AM, January 11, 2006  
Blogger Charles Jurries said...

You see, Ev's from out of state, and therefore not familiar with this area. It's not like she's lived in the greater GR area for a long time. (But hey, you made it to Russ'!)

I know, it seems so weird that the Miskins are gone. That's just a really weird thought. I pretty much just knew them online here, though I did see them a few times, but most of it was online. It seems really, really weird to think that they're now in a different country! I hope all goes well for them.

4:58 PM, January 11, 2006  
Blogger Erika said...

John...but of course, I never say anything less than true!!

Evie,it was terrible anyway...we were all BAWLING. You wouldn't've wanted to see me!!

You guys...scarlett woulda commented if she was here right now. She was almost always #1, and now who KNOWS when she'll be able to be again. k, NO MORE CRYING!!

8:41 PM, January 11, 2006  
Blogger scarlatti said...

hey erika! to make you feel better, here i am. sorry im not number one, but im only in another country. dont worry tho, i'll comment as much as i can... and i liked that post. it made me feel wierd. people writing about me. like they'll never see me again... and thx for coming to the airport, even tho it made me cry, it showed how much you guys care. i miss you, and will see you again... sooner than it seems right now.

8:00 AM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger N/A said...

Erika, rule #1 is we don't post any comments on Ben's blog that could get Ben in serious deep shit.

10:21 PM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger scarlatti said...

poor kid. wish i could help you erika. how can i help?

9:50 AM, January 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi erika, promised I'd comment. Very lovely post. It has just the right mix of sadness for the present and hope for the future. I am totally with you. I miss them both, esp. Scarlett. But you know that. Bye
skater

2:11 PM, January 14, 2006  
Blogger Erika said...

lol Ben, I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist!! But I didn't say anything bad.

Petunia, thanx:-)

Scarlett...my eyes were puffy and my nose was def. red;-) But we'll make it somehow.

Chris, wonderful to see you here!! See, I really AM a blog!!

9:44 PM, January 14, 2006  
Anonymous gay gloryhole stories said...

Kald grew three inches and lightning flashed, it seemed like. We took a shower together and Ionce again asked him if I could please taste his cock in theshower and once again I was permitted to suck his beautiful blackcock, this time with the water of the shower running over mybody.
interracial adult stories
free internet rape stories
adult babydiaper lover stories
dad and son masturbation stories
stories bisexual first time kristen
Kald grew three inches and lightning flashed, it seemed like. We took a shower together and Ionce again asked him if I could please taste his cock in theshower and once again I was permitted to suck his beautiful blackcock, this time with the water of the shower running over mybody.

5:02 PM, December 03, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home